Saturday, May 12, 2012

St. Kitts and Nevis - Third Best Island in the World



St. Kitts and Nevis - Third Best Island in the World

Arch at Brimstone Hill Fortress Postcard


According to a post at Cruise Line Fans, St. Kitts and Nevis has rung in at #3** on a recent list of the 10 Best Islands in the World.


Now, though I've cruised to a bunch of the islands in the Caribbean, I have not yet had the good fortune to be on board a ship that made a call at St.  Kitts.  It's something I'm still looking forward to.  Have you been there yet?

 
One of the interesting facts I learned while doing research for a page I did titled Pictures of St. Kitts and Nevis, is that one of America's own, Alexander Hamilton was actually born on Nevis.  Hamilton, was one of our country's founding fathers, and served as our very first Secretary of the Treasury.  It's his picture on the United States Ten Dollar Bill.



** The Maldives and Bora Bora captured the number one and two spots.


0 Comments: