Friday, July 26, 2013

St. Kitts Becoming a More Popular Cruise Port

Someone is Doing Something Right

Coastline St. Kitts Stretched Canvas Print 
by danitadelimont 

St. Kitts and Nevis, in the Leeward Islands, is a cruise destination that intrigues me.  Apparently, I'm not alone. According to an article called St. Kitts and Nevis enjoys hotel, cruise ship bonanza, posted this week by the Baltimore Post-Examiner, it's one of the " highest-rated Caribbean destinations for cruise tourism expenditures and passenger satisfaction."

The above article, which is worth a read, cites a study by a Pennsylvania based research organization that says there has been an astonishing 400% increase in the number of cruisers visiting there since 2006.

Perhaps even more significant was that the average per passenger expenditures almost doubled in the same period.  Obviously, somebody down there is doing something right!  (Maybe other tourist destinations need to take a lesson or two.)

I've enjoyed cruise ship port of call visits to some of the nation's Caribbean neighbors, including St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. John, Antigua, Barbados, and St. Lucia.  But St. Kitts is still on my bucket list.

A while back, my curiosity about the place led me to create a page, called Pictures of St. Kitts and Nevis, as a sort of on line 'places to go' reminder to myself and others.   Now, after reading the Post-Examiner article,  I'm even more intrigued.




0 Comments: