Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jamaica!

Thursday of this week, August 4, is Independence Day in Jamaica.  The island country, located west of the southern tip of Haiti and south of the eastern end of Cuba, has been fully independent since 1962.

Here is a little article I wrote:  Pictures of Jamaica.  As the name indicates, it focuses on quite a few pictures of Jamaica.  Some of them are really beautiful, and others are just kind of fun images. This week would be a good time for you to enjoy them!  The pictures are collected from selected artists and photographers who show and sell their work at Zazzle

Some day, I'd love take a cruise that stops at Kingston, the capital, on August 4, just to see for myself  how Jamaicans celebrate their country's birthday.   My daughter and I visited Grand Cayman on that crown colony's birthday, and enjoyed a very special day in the midst of the celebrations in Georgetown.

0 Comments: