Thursday, October 15, 2009

Emerald Princess to Call at St Thomas Today

Cruise Ships in the harbor at St Thomas.

This photo was taken from the hilltop at the top end of the sky lift, several years ago, when we visited there on the Mariner of the Seas. (Center ship in the photo) I hear the recent fire severaly damaged the tourist area at the Hilltop. I am thinking of once again snorkeling at Trunk Bay, so, I probably won't make it up there to see for myself. But I will try to gather some first hand intelligence from some of my shipmates, and report back on my return.

EDIT: We docked at the new cruise pier at CrownBay, rather than at Havesheight, so we were not near the sky ride to Paradise Point, where the fire was.

2 Comments:

Top To Bottom Childrens Store said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture. I hope the fire didn't do too much damage. How sad!

Online Sales said...

What a beautiful picture and the thought of being able to cruise as you do just makes me jealous.

I love to stop by and read about your travels and of course stop by your store to check out what is new.