Friday, October 16, 2009

Grand Turk!

Today is Grand Turk, the government seat of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Last year when we arrived, this beautifiul spot was in the throes of recovering from a devistating hurricane, and the evidence abounded... but the people of Grand Turk were doing a marvelous job of
rebounding. Their spirits were hopeful as they welcomed the cruise ship visitors, and we had a wonderful time on a snorkeling excursion, led by a great guide. I had wanted to do my part to help, since we were one of the first ships to arrive, after an extended port colsure, so I saved all my souvenir shopping for that day. I was glad I did, as each vendor seemed to be extra apprecitive of each and every sale.

I am anxious to see this port again...



Cruising tip: Your Sign and Sail card is your onboard lifeline. It unlocks your cabin door, records your exit from the ship in port, and admits you back on board to sail away. It is also you on board money... you pay for everything with it. So it is of utmost importance to keep it both secure and handy at all times. I'm using a embellished yellow lanyard - which is just one of many choices for card holders that you'll find at Cruise Ready Store.

Please feel free to browse through all of them while I'm sailing. And, if you find one you like, your decision will be made, and you can complete your purchase after I return on Sunday.

1 Comment:

maryrussel said...

It looks like you are having a great time on your cruise. I hope you are having good weather. Reminds me of all the fun hubby and I had on the cruises we have taken. Best vacations ever.